Job Description: This position provides IT Hardware Deployment Services and support for new hardware systems, racks, equipment upgrade/refreshes/relocation, sustainment activities and system decommissioning at OCONUS and CONUS using a customer compliance process.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Deploying, sustaining, and decommissioning of hardware within the enterprise Data Center environment -Supporting the pre-staging, transfer, and coordination of the shipment of equipment and materials -Identifying materials needed to support Deployment Services activities, ensuring all equipment components are properly tagged with barcode and security label -Supporting periodic property accountability inventory activities as needed -Providing hardware information/updates for incorporation into the applicable System Security Plans (SSP) -Verifying quantity of items listed in the list of material match quantity in the system design -Providing a packing list for all boxes shipped to include factory express shipments -Providing technical input for acquisitions documents to ensure compliance with customer policies -Traveling to CONUS and OCONUS locations may be required -Teaming with the Government to develop a proposed schedule for approved requirements -Providing redlines updates to engineering drawings after each deployment as needed -Coordinating/tracking delivery of installation material to include any documentation required -Installing and testing hardware utilizing test plan and procedures -Creating hardware/system test plans, procedures and reports for test activities for each new or upgraded systems -Troubleshooting break/fix issues with equipment
1) Hardware installation and configuration experience
2) Virtualization skills, primarily using VMware 3) Networking experience, to include installation and configuration
4) Understanding of logistical and shipping processes Nice-to-have Skills: 1) Microsoft Visio 2) Scripting 3) Backup and Storage experience
4) Linux and Windows server O/S
Required Education & Related Experience: Bachelor’s plus 8 years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education/experience
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications: -Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly -One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED. -Must be available for on-call support and must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 15%
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.