GDIT is seeking a ServiceNow Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Process Analysts to join our program in support of the National Institute of Health (NIH), Computer Information Technology (CIT), and support program. This ServiceNow Business/Process Analyst role is to provide support in developing process documents and requirements via user stories and acceptance criteria, business scenarios, use-cases and develop wireframes related to data and processes for various project initiatives. This is part of a large initiative for the NIH where GDIT has the primary responsibility of supporting the centralized IT Services, Management and CDMB efforts across the enterprise using Agile and ITIL best practices.
Daily activities will include developing business process, diagraming workflows, capturing requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria to enable the development of the ITSM modules and identifying the associated milestones and metrics. Additional responsibilities will include tracking and reporting the team’s continual progress and metrics associated to the delivery of capability. In this role, you will act as a liaison between parties when necessary to get support when issues arise or when technical difficulties are identified.
You will also regularly engage with ServiceNow administration staff at other NIH organizations to ensure proper and continual handoff between users and systems, or to support global challenges that require coordination.
· Responsible for defining, documenting, monitoring, and analyzing IT processes within the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITI) framework.
· Designs and develops / best practices, processes and tools including BMC Remedy. Collaborates with IT and Process Owners to gather and analyze needs, translating these needs into requirements.
· Gather and clarify business process issues and requirements/ user stories and acceptance criteria through working group sessions.
· Analyze and prepare complex cross-functional business requirements and process flows, perform gap analysis between as-is and to-be processes, and make recommendations on areas for continual process improvement.
· Establish and support controls and procedures to review, assess and prioritize these requirements for incorporation into tool and process designs.
· Provide key management reporting of and metrics as they pertain to defined goals and objects and their critical success factors.
· Administrator the Service Management tool(s), including ServiceNow, to ensure that the enterprise has a quality system that meets the needs of Process Owners as well as industry standards.
· Create reports and analyze data to help accurately measure the effectiveness and efficiency of / Processes.
· Assist with the development and maintenance of the application code and user interfaces.
· Assist in the review and analysis of the user requests, and implementation of both minor and major enhancements. Supports and understands the various interfaces between ServiceNow and other enterprise systems supporting the processes
· Work with IT management to develop key workflows that support IT processes. Creates thorough and accurate documentation for all process and the interfaces between them.
· Maintain and updates data as needed to support working group processes and reporting.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice standards. Supports the enterprise by providing information on best practice implementations to realize gains in efficiency, productivity, and customer service
· Serve as liaison for area of responsibly to the overall ServiceNow and Solution delivery teams to ensure clarity and visibility are advocated for and evident.
· Enact the best practices and principles
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Demonstrate expertise in ITIL/ ITSM best practices.
· Five (5) plus years experience in developing / processes, roles and technology to support IT Service Management () practices for mid-large organizations.
· Experience defining, updating, deploying and managing standards for multiple processes, to include identification of interdependencies between defined processes desired.
· Experience implementing processes through process management tool such as ServiceNow highly desirable.
· 3+ or more years of business processes and business analysis experience in a system engineering or software application environment
· 1+ years of experience using ServiceNow, SharePoint
· Excellent knowledge of best practices and an understanding of industry trends and difficulties related to ITSM and ITIL
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Experience with ServiceNow, reporting, metrics and dashboard capabilities
· Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to integrate information from multiple sources
· Ability to work independently and interact regularly with government and non-government stakeholders at multiple levels of authority
· Works well as a team member in a fast-paced and often time-sensitive environment
Attributes for Success:
· Strong written and oral communications required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
· Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills
· Must be able to work independently on a project, seeing it from inception to completion
· Must possess strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to agency and customer needs
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.