Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
· Provides change control management and supports configuration management
· Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system
· Ensures change identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates
· Updates existing change systems and support updates to the configuration systems
· Develops change and data management documentation based on Program requirements
· Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer-based change and configuration/data management systems and related support
· Provides guidance and training to managers, site leads, engineers, and systems and network administrators regarding change procedures
· Applies comprehensive knowledge of ITIL principles, methods, techniques, and best practices to configuration management and change management
· Serves as a local Subject Matter Expert (SME) for change management, configuration management, baseline configuration, and the procurement process for supporting external requests, data calls, and contract deliverable (CDRL) reporting to the Program Office
· Attends and participates in Technical Review Board (TRB) and/or Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
· Processes service requests and change request tickets using SCSM or a similar ticketing tool
· Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in change, configuration, release, asset and cyber management support
· Possesses comprehensive knowledge of and familiarity with change management software applications
· Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
· Participates in special projects as requires
· 5 years of experience required
· BA/BS degree. May substitute additional years of experience
· Must possess an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS Secret clearance if contract requirements change
· Must meet DOD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT Level II (Security+ or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V4 Foundations within six months of hire
· Additional specific certifications may be required
· Must be exceptional at using Microsoft Applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint and others
· Must be experienced at using spreadsheet and database export data to create metrics and reports and possess the knowledge to generate reports and dashboards
· Preferred experience with Tableau or a similar reporting tool
· The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment
The above-listed job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.