1. Lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames, and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding.
2. Lays out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates and using scribe and hand tools.
3. Locates and marks reference lines, such as center, buttock, and frame lines. Positions parts in hull of ship, assisted by RIGGER (ship-boat mfg.).
4. Aligns parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, clips, wedges, and mauls. Marks location of holes to be drilled and installs temporary fasteners to hold part in place for welding or riveting.
5. Installs packing, gaskets, liners, and structural accessories and members, such as doors, hatches, brackets, and clips.
6. May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of nonstandard parts as well as work from Blueprints, sketches .
7. May tack weld clips and brackets in place prior to permanent welding.
8. May roll, bend, flange, cut, and shape plates, beams, and other heavy metal parts, using shop machinery, such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines.
9. Must have experience using basic hand tools such as sawzalls, drills, grinders, etc.
10. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
3+ years of related maintenance experience.
Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance. We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.