1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, modification, and testing of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
2. Must have working knowledge and understanding of shipboard and industrial work practices on military bases and facilities.
3. Must be able to read, work and interpret shipboard drawings/diagrams.
4. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, and related equipment.
5. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
6. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
7. Evaluates the form, fit, and function of components, apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
8. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations, and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Requires an Associates Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
2. Technical or vocational training preferred.
3. One or more professional certifications may be required; depending on job assignment.
4. Must be an US citizen.
1) 3-5 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining, some rigging, and repairing mechanical components.
2) Must obtain a DBIDS badge for access to multiple naval bases; ships and facilities prior to starting work
3) Must be able to pass BGC for access to Huntington Ingalls Industries (Newport News Shipyard)
4) Must be US Citizen
Position requires travel CONUS/OCONUS at any time.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.