Opportunity for an experienced Senior Program Manager to join an IT Operations Project for a federal government system. The candidate will provide oversight to IT Operations in an agile environment. Candidate will be responsible for the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract. Serves as the main point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Government Program Manager, and the Contractor’s senior management. Directly contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract. The PM shall utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Plan, initiate, and manage information technology (IT) operations projects.
· Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage.
· Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
· Be responsible for ensuring Operations team is fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps system framework.
· Be the primary interface with the Contracting Officer (CO), Contracting Officer’s representative (COR) and Government Program Manager.
· Experience with technical, contractual and resource issue resolution.
Required Education and Experience
· A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in project and program management including:
PMI Project Management Professional (PMP);
A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing IT projects and programs;
Proven experience with managing using DevOps and Agile concepts
· Exceptional technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Program Management / IT Business / Computer Science
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Shall have demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting
· Shall have at least one (1) year of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms such as Earned Value Management
Desired Education and Experience
· Demonstrated experience in the management of programs and contracts the involve Enterprise IT Infrastructure, Infrastructure Operations, Maintenance and IT Support Services preferred.
· Knowledge Database Servers, Databases and IT Networking and Unified communications is desirable.
· Demonstrated experience handling technical and financial matters associated with large programs and contracts.
· Candidate must be an US citizen able to obtain a DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.