Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
As a Systems Administrator-Mid, your role is to support 24/7 time-sensitive incident response to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support the USBICES-X program. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all associated operating systems supporting US BICES-X. The selected candidate will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolves issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
· Creates and maintains detailed system documentation.
· Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
· Utilizes IT Service Management (ITSM) Principles to identify, categorize, prioritize, escalate, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents and requests.
· Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
· Download, stage and deploy systems-related security policies and updates to maintain information system compliance with DISA security policies and procedures (STIGs, IAVAs, etc.)
· Develop scripts (PowerShell, VBScript, etc.) to perform recurring systems administration tasks, automate installs, gather metrics, etc.
· Administer Microsoft Active Directory environments with an emphasis in the following areas:
· Windows Server 2012, 2016
· Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2016
· Windows SharePoint 2013, 2016
· Microsoft SQL 2012, 2014, 2016
· Linux Operating Systems
· Group policy deployment and design
· Active directory design to include DNS configuration, Sites and Services, etc.
· SCCM configuration and administration
· Software deployment/upgrades
· Windows 10 operating system maintenance and deployments
· Administer VMware virtual environments to include ESXi hosts, vCenter appliances, VxRail HCIs, and VSANs.
· Provides Tier I-II support for problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
· Candidate must be willing to perform systems maintenance duties after-hours and on weekends.
· Deploy Operating System updates
· Participates in special projects as assigned.
· 2+ years of experience is required.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
· Must possess and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
· Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to: data center operations, server hardware, operating systems (Windows, Linux), web servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat), databases (MS SQL, MySQL, postgreSQL), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
· Experience or familiarity with Linux operating systems administration.
· Experience in infrastructure operations including load balancing application and database clustering, firewall rules, fail over, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance tuning, etc.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire
· Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
· ***Must be willing to work shift work, weekends, and holidays when required.
· VMware VCAP, VCDX, VXRail, MS Server 2016, Red Hat
· TS/SCI clearance
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.