GDIT anticipates hiring a Senior Applications Engineer to support work for the NIEHS Service Desk and Infrastructure Technology Services (NSITES). The NIEHS is one of 27 Institutes and Centers of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), supporting approximately 1700 users and is located in Durham, North Carolina.
In this role you will support efforts to discover how the environment affects people in order to promote healthier lives by providing systems expertise essential for the scientific and administrative mission. You will play a key role in delivering infrastructure and IT services that:
• Meet federal regulations and mandates while proactively supporting dynamic technical goals and maintaining a focus on user satisfaction.
• Support seamless integration across different functional areas
• Significantly improve delivery of IT services to optimize mission performance;
• Support science by ensuring the NIEHS community has an IT infrastructure that is reliable, flexible, scalable, and efficiency
• Increase network and systems availability, reliability, and performance
• Meet the evolving needs of the Institute while also achieving cost efficiencies;
• Continuously improve the security of the IT assets of the Institute
Minimum of 5 years supervising software configuration management. • Experience analyzing complex system requirements. • Experience designing software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation. • Experience managing software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
Estimate software development costs and schedule. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.