Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Systems Engineer Senior at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
The mission of Space Delta 12 under the United States Space Force (USSF) and Space Readiness and Training Command (STARCOM) is to prevail in a contested, degraded, and operationally limited environment through evaluation of USSF capabilities and delivery of timely, accurate and expert information in support of weapon system acquisition, operational acceptance and readiness decisions. The Innovation, Integration and Information (3IS) program operates under Space Delta 12 and subordinate and supported units.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Systems Engineer Senior joining our team and will support the mission to provide space combat training through live, virtual and constructive (LVC) environments for warfighters within the Distributed Mission Operations Center – Space (DMOC-S).
HOW A SYSTEMS ENGINEER SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Maintain, sustain, and upgrade computer (hardware, software, etc.) and communications infrastructure. This includes establishing and sustaining the communications and computer architecture and the configuration requirements for customer events
● Review system configurations and configuration objects
● Sustain complex operational systems and software configuration controls and system interfaces
● Provide expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance the operational environment
● Manage installation, maintenance, auditing and support of a secure network environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Active Top Secret (TS) clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Source Background Investigation (SSBI)
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field
● 5+ years related experience
● Experience sustaining complex operational system and software configuration controls and system interfaces for system(s) assigned
● Experience providing expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance the operational environment
● Experience managing installation, maintenance, auditing and support of a secure network environment
● Collaboration with other teams to accommodate data collection, obtain government-off-the-shelf (GOTs) technologies and leverage best practices, procedures and techniques
● Master’s degree in one of the following fields of study: Management, Business, Finance, Economics, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
● Minimum of ten years’ experience providing DoD engineering management in a complex environment
● Location: On Customer Site
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely salary range for this position is $92,331 - $154,211, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.