GDIT is searching for a Desk Side Support Engineer for our Reston, VA location. TS/SCI clearance required (CI poly preferred or must be able to obtain) and security+ or other technical certification to meet 8570 compliance required (DOD 8570 IAT Level II minimum) are required.
GDIT provides DoDIIS (Department of Defense Intelligence Information System) customers worldwide with an ESOC consisting of Self-Help Knowledge Portals, remote Service Desk resolution support, and in-field customer engagement support. GDIT is the first point of contact for IT problem resolutions helping to increase user satisfaction, reduce resolution time, and consolidate and standardize remote and in-field customer support at the enterprise level.
Performs a variety of duties in support of a computer, network (LAN/WAN), and/or client server unit. Reviews input data to verify adequacy and appropriateness of material required for data processing and related operations. Reviews output data to verify completeness, accuracy, and conformance to quality standards and specifications. Maintains internal records and may catalog, disperse, and return tapes/disks. May review daily processing logs and may set or revise schedules.
Essential job functions
• Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel
• Understands minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting, systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions
• Installs and incorporates new releases, updates/patches, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
• Operates and applies automated H/W management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade H/W
• Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components, to the extent required to perform maintenance services
• Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench stock
• Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
*AA Degree or equivalent & 1+ years related experience.
*TS/SCI clearance required (CI poly preferred or must be able to obtain).
* Security+ or other technical certification to meet DoD 8570 compliance required (IAT Level II minimum).
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.