GDIT’s team is looking for a dynamic and experienced Automation Tester Lead/Manager. As the Automation Tester Lead you will be expected lead team of Automation Testers, coordinate their activities in various agile teams. You will define and document industry best practices, employing quality standards ensuring they are implemented and used by the teams in the entire program. While leading the automation testers in the program, you will place a specific focus on improving our automated test coverage for all of our systems. Working closely with senior Federal staff, you will design and implement the foundation on which Office of Justice Programs (OJP) will build its future systems.
Also acting as a Test Solution Architect, you will be focused on both the test design and implementation process; and the test execution and deployment process. Test solution will apply to both people and technology. Targeting on what the testers and test tools are doing, rather than the tool itself, e.g., creating continues build is less about tools than it is about being able to continuously spot issues/defects; creating a test framework is less about tools and more about making visible how application and services work under various conditions.
The ideal candidate will:
Direct and help with the implementation of automated/manual testing solutions
Use the contents of tests to stay focused on making progress
Use feedback from the test to raise the quality of the implementation.
Required Qualifications: - At least 10 years of documented automation testing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Automation Testing Tools (such as Selenium WebDriver, JMeter)
- Experience with BDD (Behavior Driven Development) Cucumber
- Experience with Java Programming Language
- Experience with SQL and Database/Backend testing
- Experience web services / API testing (REST and SOAPUI)
- Experience with implementing and executing Load and Performance Testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with continuous integration tool (Jenkins)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to manage multiple task assignments.
- Pega experience (nice to have)
- Experience using Azure DevOPS (Formerly VSTS)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience improving automated test coverage for existing applications.
- Experience across diverse technology stacks including COTS and custom software.
- Familiarity with standards and best practices for ensuring accessibility (i.e., WCAG and 508)
BS in Computer Science or related field
10+ years of experience
7+ years working an agile development environment
Contract Requires US Citizenship
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Agency specific Public Trust clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.