Performs installation maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Performs routine tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Participates in the maintenance of telecommunications equipment and the installation, rearrangement, and removal of equipment and associated wiring.
3. Participates in the testing, location, and repair of equipment problems associated with trouble calls and performs routine maintenance.
4. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
5. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
0-1 year of related telecommunications experience.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Lead level of experience of the following inside/outside cable plant work: • Installation of ducts and conduits, pulling cables, and terminating, testing, splicing, and repairing interior and outside copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling • Installation of fiber optic modems, fiber multiplex equipment, fiber patch panels, analog and digital copper patch panels, main and intermediate distribution frames, • Installation of lightning protection and supporting ground and power connections • Installation of cabinets, cable ladder and rack systems, and equipment components in the cabinets
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience with the operation of heavy equipment as specified in the task order to include: track excavator-changeable scoop/hydraulic jackhammer, standard backhoe, bobcat, cable reel truck, and 20K all- terrain forklift.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.