Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. that's the opportunity that's waiting for you at General Dynamics Information Technology. We help our nation's heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. it's an amazing challenge. And it's waiting for you now.
The experienced Lead Network Design Engineer we seek will design and plan network systems, as well as provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. you'll deliver specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Using your extensive network knowledge, you'll coordinate third party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoot problems with department users and department network administrators. We€™ll rely on you to maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges and gateways, etc.
A certificate in CCNA routing and switching certification is preferred
Experience with managing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches
Other router and switch experience is a plus: Juniper
Must be proficient in IP routing and switching
Must be able to demonstrate experience with MPLS, static routing, OSPF, SNMP, DHCP, Subnetting, NAT, DHCP, Firewalls, HSRP, VSS, ICCP
Must have experience in ethernet and fiber cabling
Must have experience with TACACS+
Experience with Secure the Enterprise is a plus
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Mastersdegree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one discipline/field and developing working knowledge in adjacent disciplines/fields
- Develop and provide innovative and creative solutions to a variety of difficult problems of considerable scope and complexity, using established precedent and policies
- Display initiative on assignments, exercise independent judgment and professionally execute projects with little direction
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.