COP Managers support the US Army Europe (USAREUR) Command Operations and Intelligence Center (COIC) per Commanding General’s guidance on COP implementation by ensuring the fidelity, accuracy, and timeliness of the COP data, and ensures the situational awareness picture is depicted in the COIC as required. COP Managers must coordinate with EUCOM, component commands and other COIC watch officers to have a full understanding of current and planned operations and tasks. The COP Manager fuses and correlates operations, intelligence, logistics, and sensor data with a variety of overlays and graphical products, Keyhole Markup Language (KML) files, and other Tactical Decision Aids (TDAs) to generate the Commander’s COP. COP Managers ensure Component Commands are meeting reporting requirements and ensure the USAREUR COP is being provided to Joint Staff, USSTRATCOM Global COP, and National Military Command Center (NMCC).
In order to provide an accurate and relevant COP the following duties are required:
1. Ensure units are reporting and meeting requirements outlined in the USAREUR OPTASK COP, EUCOM OPTASK COP, and CJCSI 3151.01. 2. Manipulate, monitor, and maintain all COP related applications at COP watch stations within the COIC. 3. Develop overlays, KML files, and other TDAs as required by USAREUR Battle Watch Captain (BWC) and COIC Watch Officers. 4. Coordinate with G2 and JIOCEUR Analytical Center (JAC) to ensure intelligence data is meeting Commander’s Critical Information Requirements (CCIR) and Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIR). To support this effort, the COP Manager must be able to query GCCS-J I3 intelligence databases for relevant information. 5. Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot data feed connections such as CST, BCNTRK, and Theater Missile Warning feeds with Component Commands, outside agencies and Combatant Commands, and within USAREUR. 6. Manages GCCS-J track database and ensure timeliness and fidelity of COP data. Resolves discrepancies with units and component commands. 7. Maintains situational awareness within the COIC of ongoing operations, crisis activities, and other high interest activities and produces a robust COP to support these events. 8. Manipulates displays to show Theater Missile Warning Activity IAW EUCOM Tier I site requirements. 9. Assist in creating and maintaining COP Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for USAREUR and creates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for other COP managers. 10. Coordinate with Mission Command System (MCS) owners and operators to obtain requisite COP data feeds and/or products such as overlays to support the USAREUR COP.
11. Forward deploy to provide COP Management functions during USAREUR exercises and operations abroad.
This position will be required to work rotational shift work to maintain 24/7/365 operations.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
- Previous experience as Brigade or higher staff level officer as a Battle Captain/Major or Battle NCO preferred.
- Familiar with US forces and military operational requirements.
- Experience using Joint C2 and Army Mission Command systems such as CPCE, GCCS-A/J/M/AF, Agile Client, ICSF, JC2CUI, CPOF, and/or C2PC to create and manage a Common Operating Picture (COP) preferred.
- Knowledge of integrating COP products from applications such as CPCE, GCCS-J I3, JEM/JWARN, MTI, JTT, CPOF, AFATDS, JADOCS preferred.
- Knowledge of US forces, staff actions, and military operational planning requirements a plus.
- Prefer candidates that have attended the Tactical Mission Command CPCE Operatore, JDTC GCCS-J COP, I3 Operator, or COP Manager MTT or resident courses.
Candidate must be able to meet German TESA requirements. Candidate must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification on Day 1. Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
- A Bachelors degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
- An Associates degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.