Lead COMSEC Controller Secret Springfield, Virginia
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation Systems eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Become part of a team with proven experience to maintain a large network that is critical to the DoD’s mission. We are currently seeking a unique individual with supply chain management skills to lead our warehouse operations for multiple customers spread geographically across the world. Challenge yourself and apply if you are the individual that possess the following skills:
· Will be assigned as COMSEC account custodian with inventory, shipping, and receiving COMSEC hardware and associated accessories. Maintain 100% inventory for COMSEC items accountable on the NSA CMCS. Use automated discovery tools to update asset records for COMSEC items distributed globally
· Maintain databases for COMSEC inventory control processes to account for property received, shipped, excess, moved, or in transit. Prepare reports on key performance indicators and other metrics.
· Generate documentation and completing required forms for shipping, to include ProForma, ITAR, other shipping documents, and hazardous material labels and documentation. Contact carriers (government carriers, commercial carriers, and freight forwarders) for expedited shipments and rate quotes.
· Review and reconcile vendor’s invoices ensuring to identify errors, irregularities, and make adjustments as needed. Process RMAs for incorrect, damaged, or warrantied COMSEC equipment.
· Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
· Inspect inbound inventory for accuracy and completeness, defects or notable damage and log/report discrepancies
· Maintain and enter logistics-related data into databases or information systems in accordance with program policies.
· Create and/or improve existing tools as part of continual process improvement
· Interact and professionally exhibit customer service skills and be able to present a positive approach with stakeholders
· Liaison with Other Government Agencies to facilitate the transfer of COMSEC-related items
· Perform all other duties as assigned*
· 5+ years of related work experience
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
· Must possess and maintain a Secret clearance.
· Lift up to 50 pounds
· Familiar with COMSEC handling and storage principles
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Proficient in shipping procedures/ operations with various carriers and freight forwarders
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.