GDIT is looking for Software Engineer Associate who would be onsite to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio.
Software Engineering Responsibilities:
● Perform software analysis, including requirement and use case development and design.
● Implement and document source code to design specifications.
● Evaluate and correct reported software defects and enhancements.
● Test software, including running unit tests, drafting, and executing structured test cases.
● Update user and software documentation.
● Perform operations and maintenance (O&M) of existing systems.
● Identify areas for improvement and streamlining.
Psychology & Human-Subjects Research Responsibilities:
● Recruit, interact with subjects, and run study sessions, both in-person and online.
● Collect, prepare, and analyze data for studies.
● Launch, monitor, and aggregate human-subjects data leveraging online platforms (e.g., Amazon Mechanical Turk, CloudResearch, Qualtrics).
● Willingness to be involved in theoretical and research discussions of psychological constructs (e.g., trust) and contexts of interest (e.g., human-autonomy teaming).
● Strong writing skills to be leveraged in day-to-day communications (e.g., email) as well as scientific writing for reports and manuscripts for submission for publication in peer-reviewed outlets.
1+ year of Experience
Required Education: Completed a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or psychology, or related discipline (e.g., cognitive science).
Must be motivated, detail-oriented, and possess strong organizational and communication skills.
Designs, develops, evaluates, plans, and tests engineering specifications for software programs and applications.
Optional: a basic knowledge of networking; familiarity with Big Data concepts and corresponding frameworks
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 0+ years of experience; MA/MS is a plus
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
Full-flex work week
401K with company match
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.