Fiber Optic Technology
Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Systems Architect at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Architect you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Architect joining our team to meet the uniquie requirements of our customers to drive the mission to success.
HOW A SYSTEMS ARCHITECT WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Configuring and managing a reliable computer network of heterogeneous devices
- Work on premise with a team of lab engineers
- Preparing hardware and software testing environments
- Documenting lab and network configurations
- Provide solutions to the customers requirements
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science. Years of experience can be in lieu of college degree.
- Required Experience: 15+ years of related experience
- Required Technical Skills: Telecommunications Engineering experience in telephony, optical communications and devices. ITU standards. Test gear equipment including but not limited to VePal, GLComm, Sunset, call generators, Spectrum Analyzers.
- Security Clearance Level: TS//SCI with Full Scope polygraph with DoD.
- Required Skills and Abilities: Able to communicate within a team environment. Able to lift 30 pounds. Basic computer experience including but not limited to Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), inventory database applications
- Preferred Skills: Experience in lab environment, rack and stack of devices, network communications and operations
- Location: Hanover, MD
- US Citizenship Required
- CNO and optic communications experience is a plus
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
15 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.