GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Sr. Oracle Database Analyst joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA.
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Oracle DBA/Analyst responsibilities will include:
* Being a technical resource for Oracle related design; performance; security and configuration issues
* Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for Oracle related issues
* Developing and maintaining O&S operating procedures for the Compute infrastructure in addition to providing on-the-job training to AIT O&S Tier II personnel
* Support both VMware virtualized environments and bare metal installations for databases
* Understand NCE-Active IT baseline capabilities; design and objectives
* Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
* Some interaction with end user to validate business requirements against technical implementation plan
* Supporting the Certification and Accreditation process - running SRR; resolving findings; documenting solutions; workarounds or provide justifications for exceptions
* Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures.
BA/BS (or equivalent experience)
15+ years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Skills and Abilities:
1.Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in database development, coding, and design, including business analysis, event modeling, logical and physical database design, data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security, and change management.
2.Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
3.Professional certification(s) may be required, depending on job assignment.
4.Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Position Skills and Abilities:
* Possess knowledge of Oracle and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments.
*Experience working on PostgreSQL databases
* Experience with RAC and Clusterware is expected.
* Evaluate and install new software releases; patches and system upgrades.
* Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration; memory usage; data access; data manipulation; SQL; and physical storage.
* Development and execution of database security policies; procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods; authorization methods; and data encryption techniques.
* Must exhibit good time management skills; independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
* Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
* Experience with Oracle Streams is a bonus.
* Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred.
* SQL Server or MYSQL or VMware knowledge is a valuable bonus.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.