GDIT is hiring a new member to our Cyber Security Operations III - Hunt Services team. This role will proactively search for indicators of compromise on government systems through planned Hunt missions.
Assign the Cybersecurity Operations Manager to direct and oversee all Contractor support for this subservice and serve as the primary Contractor representative to the government CSOC Director for coordination, collaboration, planning, communication, status updates, and necessary approvals of all actions in support of this sub-service
Operate as an end user, the relevant assets contained within the Government Furnished Information - Software Tools list in accordance with vendor instructions, industry best practice, and government directives, policies, procedures, etc.
Conduct emerging threat and intelligence fusion analysis
Collect and analyze commercial and government cyber intelligence reports
Analyzes intelligence reports to provide actionable cyber intelligence
Develops and provides to the Government and other Contract Services regular and ad hoc reports, briefs, documents, diagrams, and other products as required to ensure stakeholders are aware of and understand cybersecurity threats and the risk posed by the threat;
· Identifies and assesses the relevance and effectiveness of signatures and indicators of compromise based on intelligence
· Develops, reviews, and when properly authorized by the Government, disseminates CSOC developed Cyber Intelligence products to internal and external DoD and IC partners, to include but not limited to threat intelligence reports, significant cyber activity reports, incident investigation reports, and other products as directed by the Government
· Analyzes patterns of behavior to identify and determine adversary intent and provides this analysis to the Government in a document, briefing and/or other products as required
· Develops comprehensive threat models of adversary activity and provides this analysis to the Government in a formal report, briefing, or other product as required
· Maps cyber terrain to identify likely avenues of attack in coordination with Cyber Readiness Services and Cyber Technology Services; provides this analysis and recommendations to mitigate or remediate the avenue of attack to the Government
· Coordinates with entities, to include but not limited to SI Cyber Counterintelligence, Insider Threat, and Blue Team to perform adversary profiling and threat modeling
· Coordinates with SIII Technical Investigations to enhance forensics investigations and analysis
· Coordinates with Source and Analysis to perform intelligence fusion and analysis
· Coordinates with Vulnerability Management and Risk Management as required to assess risk to assets.
· Assesses, monitors for, and takes action on indicators of compromise identified in community intelligence reports as required; this includes but is not limited to determining relevance and directing the implementation of indicator blocks, the creation of new detection alerts, referring the information to Hunt, or to Tier 2 for analysis, and coordinating with Advanced Cybersecurity Analytics on the development of new signatures;
· Documents all work in the authorized ticketing system with a level of detail sufficient to enable the Government and other services to reconstruct the analysts analysis process;
Current TS/SCI and ability to obtain a CI Poly
Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field
5+ years’ experience working in related Cyber area.
Current Security+ certification and, will need to obtain IAT Level II and CSSP Analyst Certification within six (6) months of hire.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.