GDIT is currently looking for a Travel Auditor to join our Travel team located at the NASA Shared Services Center. This position consists of reviewing travel vouchers in accordance with NASA Travel regulations and ultimately reimbursing NASA employee’s travel expenses. The position requires the successful candidate to be able to interface with internal and external NASA customers in a professional and prompt manner.
As the selected Travel Reviewer, you will be responsible for the following (not limited to):
• Process extended TDY, Foreign and Domestic travel vouchers for all authorized NASA travel from receipt of the voucher to final payment.
Utilize NASA’s travel system to examine and review travel vouchers
prior to reimbursement;
• Final approve travel vouchers for subsequent processing in the financial system;
• Retain vouchers and supporting documentation in accordance with GAO regulations and
NASA policies and procedures;
• Examine, validate, and compute all vouchers prior to disbursement, including interim expense reports, nested and secondary trips;
• Inform customers of disallowed or rejected expenses and missing information, including
the reason for the disallowance or rejection. Resolve disputed claims;
• Initiate an accounts receivable billing for over-payments;
• Notify the traveler of any additional information that may be required to process the
• Calculate, deduct and report applicable taxes;
• Review and reconcile outstanding un-liquidated travel obligations;
• Report and validate all ETDY Travel Income Tax Reimbursement Allowance (ITRA);
In order to be considered for the Travel Auditor opportunity with GDIT you must meet the following qualifications:
High school diploma or GED
8 Years mid-level financial management assistance and accounting practices and principles experience or substitute years of experience for degree
Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
Strong communication skills
Ability to work in a team environment
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.