The Sponsor is looking for a talented software engineer. The software engineer is expected to engineer, design, and build new or enhance capabilities and functions for new or existing applications that best meet the customer’s requirements. The candidate will be a part of a dynamic and high producing team that is responsible for assessing, evaluating, and providing revolutionary technology that provide search and discovery capabilities within the applications. The successful candidate will need to have a solid software application development experience with an interest in creating operations for new tools and technologies. The successful candidate is expected to have on-the-job experience in correlation technologies and/or machine learning a big plus.
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing software using Python.
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with relational databases, such as MySQL
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python) experience and/or ability to automate routine operations through scripts and tool sets.
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience writing unit tests and working with testing frameworks such as JUnit
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with version control system such as GIT
· Experience with Linux
· Demonstrated working knowledge of Eclipse, JUnit, GitHub and Jenkins
· Experience integrated COTS products
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in Agile software development and test driven development methodologies
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with standard search technologies and query syntax’s
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.