Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The position will support the Program Management Office with Cross-department policy, process, and procedure development and improvement. Additionally, the position may be assigned to individual Groups within the department as a Consultant SME to address specific growth and opportunity areas. The first such assignment is planned to be in support of the Infrastructure Branch which is presently without a Branch Chief. The position will act on behalf of the Acting Branch Chief and the PMO to facilitate both daily Branch activities and to recommend Policy and Process improvements. The Branch was moved from within a Group to stand outside of a Group structure, but never developed its own self-supporting structure. These improvements will leverage the breadth and depth of technical expertise within the branch to provide enhanced interaction within the branch and in support of external stakeholders. As the branch is responsible for an enclaved infrastructure, much of the Policy and Procedure will be focused on refined IT O&M, stakeholder engagements and interactions, and communications. The position may develop into either a more hands-on technical role leveraging the developed structure within infrastructure or pivot back to the PMO to allow the role to be redeployed into other Branches and Groups as a Consultant SME.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience in project management fundamentals using approved tools and techniques in the execution of IT activities to include scheduling, execution and monitoring/controlling
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience in effectively communicating across Programs, with clients, stakeholders and other contractors
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or with a small team
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience sharing knowledge and learning from others to ensure the team's success
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience managing priorities across multiple projects
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience using both explicit and implicit authority to drive action
BA/BS in engineering or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
10+ years of related Systems Engineer experience.
Experience creating and successfully implementing strategy for client organizations preferred.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.