We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer.
The Cyber Security Engineer responsibilities include:
Perform daily vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, mitigation and reporting activities in order to safeguard Agency information assets.
Perform vulnerability scanning on Information Systems to ensure protection has been put in place on those systems.
Conduct remote administration to include managing accounts, passwords, server updates, patching, and backups of Windows and Linux/Unix servers.
Provide incident response functions when appropriate and coordinate activities with site Incident Handlers.
Conduct research pertaining to the latest viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information.
Write guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and other technical documentation.
Support Information Assurance asset deployments, upgrades, and maintenance; including servers, databases, and network assets
Assess and review current technology infrastructure to identify key risks areas, and ensure adequate level of control are in place to address those risks.
Recommend technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to Agencys Information Systems Security architecture.
Perform other Network Security/Information Assurance tasks as assigned.
Support the Agency in publishing incidents, alerts, advisories and bulletins as required.
Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Cyber Security Services Engineer should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. Cyber Security Services Branch Team Member should be a self-starter, capable of independently working projects. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (
Job Qualifications: Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum five (5) years IT experience.
- Must have three (3) years experience administering Windows and UNIX-based systems and TCP/IP networking.
• Knowledge of anti-virus software functionally and capabilities
• Advanced Routing and Switching, Remote Access, Multilayer Switching, Cisco IOS security, VPN security, and Troubleshooting
• LAN/System/Network administrator
• Windows, Linux, and networks
• TCP/IP (Network System Engineering)
• Maintain awareness on current special threats
• Pen tester techniques
• CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification, CCNP/CCDP, or CompTIA certifications a plus
• Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense Secret
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.