Job Responsibilities: Repairs and maintains company and/or customer-owned power generation equipment. The power generation mechanic performs maintenance on tactical utility, precise power-generation sets, internal combustion engines and associated equipment. Periodically, provides instruction on equipment as directed.
1. Responsible for technical repair and maintenance of power generation equipment assigned to site.
2. Troubleshoots, orders parts, and repairs difficult mechanical problems.
3. Ability to perform general maintenance and repair tasks.
4. May require specific certifications, depending on job assignment.
5. Knowledge of relevant tools and equipment.
6. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
Education/Equivalent Training Required: High School or equivalent.
Experience: Two years recent experience as an Army power generation equipment repairer, or civilian or joint equivalent, with one year served at unit-level operations or civilian equivalent.
Unique/Additional Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license/CDL. Effective communications skills. Computer literate with current Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Systems and possess a working knowledge of current Army automated supply systems (GCSS-A).
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.