Responsible for the analysis administration and support of voice video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
CERTIFICATIONS: Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, the following IT certificate: • Security+ • Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) • Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – RS or Datacenter
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Intermediate level of experience in design, maintenance, and operation of medium to large networks. Must have experience in systems management, monitoring and sustainment.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have intermediate level of experience on military networks as specified in the task order to include: • Cisco routing and switching technologies • Managing networks with industry standard platforms, Network Performance Analysis, Cisco IOS Network Configuration, and Network Troubleshooting • Establishing new circuit requirements • Documenting network enterprise, developing continuity folders, and as built drawings#GDITPriority We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.