REQ#: RQ76452 NSWC Crane - Sr Network Administrator (Evergreen) (Open)
Travel Required: None
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Pipeline
NOTE: This is an Evergreen requisition that we opened to encourage applicants to submit their resumes for current and future positions. You can apply now and when the next opportunity opens, well reach you to discuss!
Be a part of the men and women that solve some of the worlds most complex technical challenges! General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Sr. Network Administrator to support the Navy Surface Warfare Center in Crane, Indiana.
If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nations military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has many excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you.
As the Network Admin. you will be responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
· Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
· Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
· Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
· Familiar with Cisco ASA & ACI installation, configuration, and maintenance
· Familiar with Software Defined Networking principles and practical application
· Proficient in Firewall installation, configuration, and maintenance, to include ACL creation and editing on a multi-domain multi-site infrastructure
· Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
· Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
· Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
· Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
· Familiar with advanced routing principles as they pertain to Cisco products
· Familiar with virtual networking practices: setting up, maintaining, & troubleshooting virtual networks and connections Knowledge of Solarwinds products: setup, maintenance, and reporting
· Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
· Provides advice and training to end-users.
· Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
· May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
· Participates in special projects as required.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
· 5+ years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
· Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
· Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
· CISSP or CASP preferred
· Secret clearance; must be able to obtain TS/SCI
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.