Job Responsibilities Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of Bio-medical related machinery and equipment. Responsible for servicing and maintaining all medical equipment. Performs preventive maintenance checks and services (i.e., test, operate, lubricates, adjusts, tightens, and cleans) on all medical equipment. Troubleshoots to isolate malfunctioning or defective components and/or boards on medically related equipment. Tests and calibrates components and equipment following manufacturers’ manuals and troubleshooting techniques, using hand tools, power tools and measuring devices. Prepares and submits medical equipment reports. Contributes to the development of medical maintenance Standing Operating Procedures. Performs quality control functions at all levels of medical maintenance. Bio-Medical Technicians will provide instruction/training for units and unit personnel on various types of medical equipment as required. Periodically conducts training by explaining and demonstrating correct operation and preventive maintenance of medical equipment to personnel. Ensures proper accountability and maintenance of assigned medical equipment and maintenance sets/kits/outfits.
1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and testing of mechanical components, apparatus and equipment.
2. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, diagnostic devices and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of moderate complexity.
6. Constructs components or subassemblies of experimental apparatus or prototype models.
7. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test methods.
8. Knowledge of and ability to use the related tools, equipment, and systems.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Education/Equivalent Training Required: An Associate’s Degree in Applied Science with a concentration in bio-medical equipment maintenance, or equivalent, is desirable.
Experience: Three or more years of recent experience as a medical equipment repairer. Experience with DEPMEDS and field medical unit equipment is desirable. Experience with ARs/publications that specify medical equipment maintenance standards is a plus. Completion of the DoD Biomedical Equipment Repair (U.S. Army MOS 68A) course, or equivalent military or civilian training, is required. (Military trained personnel that perform maintenance services and repairs of all medical equipment are called Medical Equipment Repairers.)
Unique/Additional Requirements: Computer literate with the most current Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Systems and capable of learning the GCSS-Army system. Possess a working knowledge of current Army automated systems. Valid driver’s license.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.