GDIT has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution-focused professional to help drive our Department of Homeland Security business area serving various DHS agencies.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Agile Configuration Management Analyst/Engineer to join our Configuration, Change and Infrastructure Management (CCIM) team on an IT operations project supporting DHS USCIS. The candidate will provide change management support for large enterprise operations and maintenance. Candidate will be responsible for configuration management tasks that are associated with designing, development, and installation support for large enterprise IT projects. This position ensures that all projects, and tasks designated by government follow configuration management lifecycle, practices, standards and completed to successfully, within an established time frame.
This position works under the general guidance of the EIOSS Program Manager, Configuration Management (CCM) Lead and USCIS EID PMs, CCIM and other stakeholders, in an Agile, DevSecOps fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment. This position requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Provide and support to configuration management activities including the process for System Change Requests (submitting, approving, developing, testing and migrating to production)
* Facilitation of CCM Control Boards, including developing agendas, and following up on action items and coordinating testing and implementation of system changes as needed
* Hands on experience and knowledge of working with AWS and other cloud environments along deploying solutions supporting the enterprise focusing on datacenter operations is key
* Daily management and oversight of the USCIS Configuration Management tools suite of applications.
* Maintain documented Operations and Maintenance procedures, perform all updates and enhancements as provided by the vendor to the CM tools suite of applications to include patches, enhancements and upgrades
* Act in a capacity of ISSO for CM tools, and maintain security posture that meets current security guidelines. Generate periodic Security Alert Vulnerabilities reports as requested
* Recommend and document configuration identification standards for software, hardware, and documentation CIs
* Utilize CM tools capabilities to enhance CI/CD to support Agile methodologies and Dev/Sec/Ops practices using open source tools
* Participate in all enterprise level meetings, reviews and providing needed feedback as appropriate.
* Guide team to maintain shall maintain all pertinent Knowledge Management documents and SOPs and/or update or establish new procedures as maturity advances
* Constantly monitor all CCM related communication channels and resolve issues. Perform audits and develop report CCM tools storage capacity, organizations, and administrators on an ad hoc basis
* Verify compliance and document, develop periodic metrics, software and infrastructure related changes, updates related reports
* Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps practices for supporting IT
* Work in an Agile Kanban/Scrum environment and teams working in Waterfall or Agile projects
* Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or the equivalent and 5-7 years related experience or a MS and 5 years of experience or the equivalent
* 5-10 years’ experience in IT Configuration Management, metrics and reporting, ITSM process management, or other relevant experience required
* 5-10 years of IT requirements managements, configuration management, change management or Systems Engineering experience
* 5-10 years of experience in Infrastructure configuration management, using standard and Agile methodology practices
* 5 years’ experience using and working with CMDB, IT HW/SW License management, Asset Management, Ticketing (ServiceNow, JIRA, Remedy)
* Experience maintaining baseline and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) using platforms such as ServiceNow or Remedy required
* Advanced experience using configuration management database (CMDB) to onboard new hardware/software technologies accurately and confirm that items are correctly documented
* Experience on maintaining the baseline for efforts using Agile and DevOps methodologies
* Experience maintaining the baseline for cloud-based systems preferred
* Knowledge and experience with working in an ITIL v3 or v4 framework to deliver enterprise services.
* Thorough knowledge of the relationships between Change Management, Configuration Management and Release Management, and a desire to improve that understanding in others
* Demonstrated leadership experience implementing and improving IT processes
* Overall responsibility for managing the CM team, priority, status, and deliverables
* Proven ability to work closely with the business community as well as technical resources in a tactful manner
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the team in briefings and in presentations
* Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail
* Familiarity with Git, Serna, Ansible, Jenkins, Confluence, and other collaboration tools
* Familiarity with AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
* Familiarity and experience with Agile, DevOps practices and ITIL processes
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
* ITIL certification preferred or the ability to obtain one
* Agile Certifications (CSM etc.,)
* Experience working in DevSecOps practiced environment
* Experience using ServiceNow, Agile Life Cycle Management tools knowledge and experience.
* US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD
* Experience with any DHS agencies or entities
* Candidate must be an US citizen, and able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
To succeed as a candidate and within this role, you will need to:
* Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse and dispersed team.
* Embrace and embody GDIT’s of Commitment, Impact, Integrity, Imagination, and Agility.
The position is based in GDIT’s Falls Church, Virginia headquarters, with expected travel to current program locations and new business opportunities across the country. Travel is primarily local travel in the DC metro area for the current portfolio but could potentially expand to both national and overseas locations as the portfolio grows.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.