The Associate Monitoring Analyst responsibilities include: • Support monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs) to identify and document all intrusions and attempted intrusions.
The Associate Monitoring Analyst responsibilities include:
Support monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs) to identify and document all intrusions and attempted intrusions.
Document of evidence of system security compromise, generate of trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous activity.
Report security incidents and/or network intrusions to Incident Handlers for dissemination to appropriate DOT points of contacts.
Identify anomalous and malicious activity.
Contribute to content creation, prioritize, rank and escalated incidents.
Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security operations.
Assist in producing status reports and briefs to senior leadership; provide analysis for correlated information sources.
Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions.
Associate Monitoring Analysts must provide recommendations based on best practice and experience to develop processes that will enhance efficiencies needed to perform the above.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum four (4) years IT experience AND
- Must have with at least one year of network security experience.
- Experience with intrusion detection systems and threat techniques. (Lateral Movement, Rootkits & Toolkits.
- Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
- Experience with business process reengineering, capability maturity model, change management, or process improvement.
- Exceptional writing and documentation skills.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.