We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Architect SME joining our team to support our intelligence customer activities in Springfield, VA.
In this role, a typical day will include:
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations.
3. Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
4. Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
5. Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
6. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
7. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
8. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
9. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
10. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
11. Serves as a chief architect and/or program architect..
12. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
13. Serves as primary liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
14. Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Master's Degree preferred.
3. 20 or more years of related systems engineering experience
4. Active TS/SCI Clearance
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.