JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Business Analyst is an empowered team member and leader who deploys GDIT’s methodologies and best practices to work with members of assigned Company business units to elicit, organize, document and validate business rules, functional and non-functional requirements. The Senior Business Analyst, can apply their past job experiences and leadership to guide team members and business units in the formulation of solutions to their business problems. They are capable in determining and applying appropriate analysis skills in order to elicit, organize, document and validate business rules and functional/non-functional requirements.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to negotiate customer requirements with senior level management and ensuring agreement between customer and project team on requirements for project deliverables.
2. Manage multiple priorities and customer expectations with all stakeholders. Manage relationships with customers, project managers, IT and business staff, and all levels of management.
3. Work independently on projects that may not be clearly defined and are large in scope.
4. Conduct meetings with customers to actively solicit, analyze, and document customer requirements including obtaining signoff on business requirements from project stakeholders.
5. Work with product engineers (Design) and/or application development teams during the technical design, coding, testing and implementation stages. Conduct walkthroughs with application development teams as a handoff from analysis to development in the system development life cycle (SDLC).
6. Solicit input from business community to determine project scope. Solicit input from system analysts, developers and other technical staff to determine level of effort required to complete tasks.
7. Work with project team to develop cost-effective, customer focused solutions.
8. Manage, document and coordinate changes to functional specifications occurring during all phases of the SDLC and update business rules, functional and non-functional specifications accordingly.
9. Support training department in their efforts in conducting customer-training efforts for end users and staff members.
10. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
12. Ensure compliance with HIPAA, PII, PHI, and PTI regulations and requirements.
13. Demonstrate commitment to GDIT’s company core values.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
This position works under general to minimal supervision and with considerable discretion to accomplish the job responsibilities. The individual works independently or as part of a team to improve the relationship between the business and systems teams of the Company. The position functions as a mentor and resource to analysts with less experience.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
1. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, or 6 years of Business Analyst experience
2. Graduate Degree preferred
3. Minimum 5 years experience in analysis and design on software development projects in a Business Analyst role
4. Experience in healthcare business preferred
5. International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)/Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred
6. Knowledge of business principles and best practices common to organizations in the healthcare industry.
7. Knowledge and comprehension of competitive forces shaping the healthcare/managed care industry.
8. Knowledge and comprehension of the business architecture of the organization being analyzed including business models, structure, relationships between business units and key stakeholders of those units.
9. Detailed knowledge and application of Business Process Modeling.
10. Proven ability and application of Business and System Use Cases.
11. Experience working with multiple software development methodologies and understanding of all stages of project life cycle process
12. Ability to be understood and actively listen to ensure accurate comprehension.
13. Ability to identify, characterize and clearly present problems exposing underlying issues and break down relevant information by making comparisons and/or tradeoffs to find the most desirable option.
14. Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set.
15. Ability to consider all parties and the impact of proposed solutions on those parties. Ability to communicate to stakeholder’s rationale for decisions made and possible outcomes for those decisions.
16. Ability to write effectively for various contexts and audiences resulting in concise communication and understanding of large amounts of complex data.
17. Ability to moderate discussions enabling participants to articulate ideas on topics; recognize and manage various viewpoints. Promote creative thinking in others by asking questions and challenging assumptions.
18. Ability to facilitate teams and develop strong relationships with all levels of management
19. Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow through.
20. Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects including continuous evaluation and re-ordering of priorities as business needs dictate
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.