GDIT has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution-focused professional to help drive our Department of Homeland Security business area serving various DHS agencies.
Candidate must be an US citizen, and able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
We are looking for a talented and experienced Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator to join an IT operations project, Hosting Services team to support DHS USCIS. The candidate will provide support for large enterprise in an agile environment. Candidate will be responsible for high volume transactional databases hosted on-premises and in the cloud.
This position works under the general guidance of the Lead Database Administrator/Engineer and Hosting Services Task Lead, in an Agile. DevSecOps fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Design strategies for enterprise database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security.
* Design and construct large relational databases. Integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure and refine system performance and functionality
* Administration of MS SQL Server Databases supporting high volume transactional databases
* Performing updates to versions and upgrade to SQL Server Databases and Database Servers
* Develop T-SQL and automation scripts for performing database management tasks.
* Help the Task Lead and Project managers in planning. Work with program and technical staff in all aspects of daily work
* Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps practices for supporting IT
* Responsible for operational availability of all the systems hosted on the infrastructure
* Support information assurance process in a technical role by complying with technical controls, technical checklists etc.
* Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
* Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience in lieu of degree
* 8 years’ experience with MS SQL Server systems administration support for large-scale environments.
* 8 years’ experience installing and configuring SQL Server version that includes 2008, 2012, 2016 databases
* 8 years’ experience writing scripts with a scripting language and .Net coding to support SQL
* Experience and knowledge of SQL Server components such as SSIS and SSRS
* Experience in backup restore of mission-critical application databases
* Experience with SQL server on VMs
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience on premise to AWS migrations
* Working knowledge of data base backup and restore
* Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
* Familiarity with Agile, DevOps practices and ITIL processes
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
* US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD
* Experience with any DHS agencies or entities
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
To succeed as a candidate and within this role, you will need to:
* Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse and dispersed team.
* Embrace and embody GDIT’s of Commitment, Impact, Integrity, Imagination, and Agility.
The position is based in GDIT’s Falls Church, Virginia headquarters, with expected travel to current program locations and new business opportunities across the country. Travel is primarily local travel in the DC metro area for the current portfolio but could potentially expand to both national and overseas locations as the portfolio grows.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.