Help Desk Support
Information Technology (IT)
Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Transform technology into opportunity as an Information Technology Support Specialist with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Information Technology Support Specialist you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on an Information Technology Support Specialist joining our team to provide technical support and troubleshooting services for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
HOW AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
● May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
● Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions
● Provides remote support access through desktop mirroring and other remote access applications for worldwide sites
● Identify, investigate, resolve, and follow-up problems brought to the helpdesk by users of cloud infrastructure
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Required Experience: 3+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software both in person and using remote access tools
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
● Required Skills and Abilities: Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
● Location: On-Site in Annapolis Junction, MD
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA - Security+ - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.