Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The Enterprise IT as a Service – Network as a Service (EITaaS-NaaS) team is seeking a VOIP Technician to be a part of their program at JBER AFB Alaska
The Technician will provide technical support to communication systems to the EITaaS-NaaS team.
Standard duties include:
1. Evaluate, analyze, administer and maintain voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
3. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
4. Coordinates installation of equipment.
5. May Install, test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
6. Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
7. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will a typical work day look like for the Contract Labor Associate (CLA)? 7:30 to 4:00, Mon-Fri with the possibility of overtime
What are the top two skillsets the candidate should have? VOIP, CCNA
Could you go over what the day-to-day process looks like? Check in, review work orders, Assist customers, Monitor equipment and systems, update, troubleshoot, and repair equipment.
Is this a team setting? Yes, team setting
What is the interview process (phone then in-person or only phone, etc)? Phone then In person if possible
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
2-5 years of related telecommunications experience.
Experience with AF Communications Voice Networks and Phones
Must be able to obtain/sit for a Top Secret clearance
Prefer Cisco Call Management Software experience
Prefer SL100 experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.