GDIT is seeking an Application Developer to support leading technology modernization projects from inception to operations in Annapolis Junction, MD. We are looking for candidates who are detailed-oriented, resourceful, results driven and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience managing projects for a wide variety of IT solutions as well as excellent application development and oral communication skills.
Duties include but are not limited to: • Help internal teams accelerate ITSM automation, application development, modernization, and integration through Agile & DevSecOps transformation, cloud-native application design & development, customer & user experience, modern software deployment techniques, test automation frameworks, open source management solutions, serverless computing and application performance management.
• Develop process frameworks and services that encompass technology • Support build and ops teams to automate tasks, integrate ML/AI to provide greater efficiency and reliability across traditional and cloud networks • Maintain current knowledge of cloud service provider offerings • Participate in special projects as required
• Active TS/SCI with poly required
Required Education: • Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline Engineering, Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Business with a Technical Background, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ Experience in application development and automation functions utilizing Python/Java, Ansible, web services (REST, gRPC, YAML/JSON) • Knowledge and experience of Public Cloud: Azure, AWS, etc...
• Knowledge of MaaS • Understanding of Linux, VM and container environments and utilities • Strong desire to code, produce clean readable code, good understanding of CI/CD, open source systems and git repositories required • Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) concepts and scripting languages such as Powershell, Yaml, JSON, Terraform, etc • Good understanding of change management principles • Good understanding of security concepts, hardening of network and cloud infrastructure is a big plus • Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Quest ARS, VMware Automation, and ServiceNow a plus • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills • Ability to work independently with minimum supervision • Firm knowledge of DoD/IC, Agile, DevOps, and Lean requirements, methodologies, and toolsets, and/or application development platforms; • Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (ICD 503) and successful experience obtaining Accreditation & Authorization of Agile / DevOps solutions with the DoD and IC environment is highly desired; • Outstanding oral and written communications skills are required • Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, unstructured environment is desired; ability to be a self-starter
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Sec+, CASP, CISSP or similar)
Desired Qualifications: • Relevant Agile certifications strongly preferred • Experience designing and delivering solutions, preferably in a Defense or National Intelligence agency, is preferred
CWIP - IAT level II Compliance:
Persons provide network environment (NE) and advance level compute environment (CE) support. Responsible for finding and fixing unprotected vulnerabilities and ensuring that remote access points are well secured. Focuses on threats and vulnerabilities and improving the security of systems. Demonstrates a mastery of the functions of the IAT Level I position. Monitors, tests and troubleshoots hardware and software IA problems pertaining to the network environment. Recommends and schedules IA related repairs to include performing IA related customer support functions such as installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, in response to customer requirements for the network environment (NE). Analyzes patterns of non-compliance and identifies vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from the implementation plan or that were not apparent during testing. Provides leadership and direction to IA operations personnel. Implement applicable patches including IAVAs, and IAVBs for their environment. (Reference: Policy 6-34) for Cyber Workforce Improvement Plan (CWIP).
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.