Help Desk Support
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Transform technology into opportunity as a Senior Systems Administrator with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Senior Systems Administrator you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Senior Systems Administrator joining our team to provide technical support in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures for our client in the Newington, VA area.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
● Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
● Ensures that performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users
● May evaluate existing systems and assist with planning long-term strategies
● May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
● Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
● May serve as a team or task lead
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Technical Training, Certification(s) and a BS/BA degree or related work experience in lieu of a degree.
● Experience: 3+ years of related systems administration work experience.
● Required Technical Skills: Provide technical support in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures
● Required Skills and Abilities: Troubleshoots moderately complex system hardware and software issues
● Preferred Skills: Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
● Must have a current TS/SCI clearance and a current DOD 8570 related certification, such as Security + CE.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology and the ability to make a real impact on the world around you.
Not sure this job’s the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking “Share.”
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA - Security+ CE - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.