Seeking a Crime/Tactical Intelligence Analyst to join our team in Long Beach, CA.
Must be a US Citizen and eligible to obtain a Secret or Top Secret security clearance.
No telecommuting must be onsite.
- Conducting tactical analysis utilizing a variety of resources to support criminal or counterterrorism investigations
- Developing and establishing relationships with local, state, and Federal agency partners
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced law enforcement environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Background in Federal, state, or local agencies, including, but not limited to: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA); Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); Department of Homeland Security (DHS) including the National Operations Center (NOC); Department of Defense (DoD); the California Department of Justice (DOJ); and local law enforcement agencies.
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst Certification
- Understanding of California Office of Emergency Services (CalOES), the California State Threat Assessment System (STAS), the National Network of Fusion Centers, law enforcement intelligence operations, and homeland security partners across the nation
The Intelligence Analyst duties include:
- Providing proficient and authoritative tactical intelligence analysis to support public safety customers in achieving their objectives in law enforcement and other public safety and security operations
- Developing subject matter expertise on assigned public safety and security topics
- Conducting briefings as needed for varying levels of customers
- Conducting exhaustive database searches, extracting information, and analyzing the information
- Providing intelligence or investigative analytic products to support operations and reach-back support to forward-deployed elements
- Prioritizing, categorizing, and responding to requests for information
- Using computer-based applications, including graphics and presentation software, and databases
- Delivering training to law enforcement officers on best practices for tactical analysis, crime and intelligence issues, and a variety of other topics
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is desirable, plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience conducting intelligence analysis in a Federal intelligence agency, the military, or state and/or local law enforcement intelligence unit
An associate's degree from an accredited institution, plus a minimum of five (5) years of experience conducting intelligence analysis in a Federal intelligence agency, the military, or state and/or local law enforcement intelligence unit
The likely salary range for this position is $68,000 - $102,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.