GDIT is currently seeking an Offshore Energy Specialist to support technical activities related to utility-scale offshore wind energy. As called upon, support activities may include:
• Assisting in planning and monitoring technical research projects, and providing in-process guidance and recommendations;
• Reviewing project data and reports prior to publication;
• Preparing subject matter presentations for briefings and conferences;
• Coordinating and/or drafting strategic planning documents, which may include strategies for technical development and cost-effective deployment of offshore wind as critical infrastructure supporting the electrical grid and contributing to regional economies;
• Monitoring key market sectors, industry developments, and technology trends;
• Assisting in planning and monitoring research assessing the role that offshore wind plants can play in enhancing electrical grid resiliency;
• Coordinating and/or participating in technical working groups;
• Providing general support on various tasks and activities as assigned.
· Four year degree in a technical field relevant to offshore wind, plus 5 years relevant experience
· Advanced degree and/or direct offshore wind experience preferred
· Technical background in power electronics, atmospheric sciences, geotechnics, or offshore project development and logistics preferred
· Demonstrated skills and abilities to include:
o Effective oral and written communication
o Presentation development
o Project management
· Working familiarity with typical office computer applications and tools required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.