Secret Clearance is required (ability to attain Top Secret required)
Person chosen for this role shall be responsible for the analysis administration and support of voice, video, and/or
data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Provide technical solutions for the installation JBER NIPRNet/SIPRNet Projects
Expansion of existing VoIP/VoSIP network infrastructure (Call Manager)
Provide NIPRNet/SIPRNet systems support relating to the day-to-day operations of fiber-based and copper-based infrastructure.
Support analysis of network performance (i.e. traffic load, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput).
Support site surveys, development of network designs, support troubleshooting, configuration control, and testing
Perform adds/moves/changes of IP Phones as needed. This would include but not be limited to, adding new devices in Call Manager using the Machine Address Code (MAC) of the end-device (i.e. IP Phones).
Validate software load and proper functionality of the IP Phone once installed on the network.
Conduct end-to-end testing between devices on and off the network.
Configure switches based on adds/moves/changes of IP Phones as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Experience with AF Communications Data Networks—to include management and maintenance of NIPR and SIPR networks
Security+ CE (or equivalent IAT level II compliant certification)
CCNA or equivalent level certification
If you are interested and having difficulty applying, please send resume directly to Robert.Cellich@gdit.com
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.