Candidates for the Database Administrator - Tier 2 role need a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, operation and maintenance. Candidates must have knowledge and experience in major relational database languages and applications, such as Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server, Oracle and IBM DB2. Database Administrator -Tier 2 candidates must demonstrate the ability to pay keen attention to detail, possess a strong customer service orientation, and have the ability to work as part of a team. This position will provide database administration (DBA) support services, to include Tier 2 level expertise, as well as the planning, implementation, and monitoring of patching services for physical and virtual solutions.
Typical duties include:
• Monitoring and maintaining databases
• Performing requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
• Ensuring technical modifications do not adversely affect database integrity, stability and system availability
• Implementing solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure
Educational Requirements: None
• Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) 11g or higher OR MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 OR MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Admin
• At least one year of experience in a database administration role performing Tier 2 level support with no less than four years working with databases
• Database modeling and implementation
• User interface development and user experience
• Ability to produce visualization of data for leadership decision-making
• Knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language; such as Java,
• C++, or .NET
Attachment E: Position Descriptions (PDs) for the Enterprise Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Task Order
• Microsoft Office application skills; Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Microsoft SharePoint database integration experience is desired
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.