GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Linux/Solaris Administrator joining our FDIC Infrastructure team in Dallas, TX. U.S. Citizenship and a background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background. (Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed.) Successful candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate technical skills and engineering attitude for success, dedication and commitment.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. GDIT provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. GDIT supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. The FDIC Enterprise network provides its engineers with access to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies in the network field.
This position is part of the IT Operations Task area at FDIC program to perform the following responsibilities/functions:
* Daily systems administration, monitoring, and system maintenance on Linux/UNIX OS
* In depth knowledge of Red Hat and CentOS 6, Solaris 10, and Red Hat 7 required
* Performs software upgrades, patch installs, firmware upgrades then test for functionality on a periodic basis.
* Perform virtual server builds, and remote server administration tasks.
* Monitor, baseline, and trend for key server resources such as CPU, Memory, and Storage
* Diagnosis and troubleshoot problems related to the OS, hardware, network, and related software
* Daily written and oral communications with coworkers and leadership
* Create scripts in various shells to automate daily and periodic tasks.
* Collaborate with Application Teams to perform system maintenance and patch management tasks
* Maintain server configuration baselines and configuration compliance against CIS baseline/benchmarks
* Document work for leadership, update/create Standard Operating Procedures, and brief staff and customers various tasks.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
· Four or more years proven experience with RHEL 6/7
· Experience with Veritas Cluster Sever (VCS)
· Ability to debug OS issues under time pressures
· Ability to work under a CLI
· BA/BS, and five plus years’ experience,
MS and three years or no degree and eight years’ experience.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.