Data Modeling Techniques
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
· Manages SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
· Configures and maintains database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
· Applies data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
· Independently analyzes, solves, and corrects issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
· Writes and optimizes T-SQL statements.
· Designs, develops, and maintains database objects such as stored procedures, functions, views, indexes, and triggers.
· Refines and automates regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
· Assists developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
· Performs scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
· Shares technical expertise and provides technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
· When performance issues arise, determines the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
· Develops and executes profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries.
· 2+ years of MS SQL Server Administration experience required
· Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
· Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
· Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
· MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
· Knowledge of HP, Sun, Dell, Intel Platforms
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Ability to organize and plan work independently
· Active Secret Clearance
· CompTIA Security+ certification
· Bachelor's degree in an IT related field
· 2+ years of experience in the following:
· Design, install, monitor, and maintain SQL Server databases (2012, 2014, 2016)
· Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL)
· Backup and recovery
· Performance tuning and optimization or resources
· Perform SQL STIG checks, fix or mitigate any STIG findings, and maintain STIG compliance
· Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.