Designs evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Performs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients' functional requirements.
4. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Analyzes research & development plans.
6. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and/or engineering support staff.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
• BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Service International) Outside Plant Design
• Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order
5-8 years of related engineering experience.
Minimum of six (6) years of "hands on" work experience in support of communications electronic systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, understands Internet Protocol (IP) routing and architecture design and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks. Minimum of six (6) years of engineering experience in the following areas:
? Physical Infrastructure
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Military Communication Systems as specified in the task order.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.