Wireless Network installation, configuration, monitoring, management, troubleshooting; incident tracking, coordination, and reporting (e.g., performance, problem, change, capacity, security). Escalate incidents to administrators/engineers and management teams for resolution; submit change requests, submit trouble tickets, alert support teams to issues and tickets in the cue; track and provide updates to support SLA's.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Support to Non-secure Internet Protocol Network (NIPRNET) wireless management capability.
• Reviewing wireless designs to ensure that the designs meet requirements and are compatible with government STIGs, including (but not limited to) the Network Infrastructure Policy Security Technical Implementation Guide and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Approved Products List (APL)
• Assists in supervising the installation of wireless capability
• After installation, implements and manages the wireless capability, to include the CAC-enabled EAP-TLS authentication and all required certificate management
• TS/SCI Clearance required; TS clearance with SCI eligibility may be considered.
• CCNA Wireless or CWNA certification
• DoD 8570 IAT II certification (e.g., Security+ CE or equivalent)
• ITIL certification preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology related field. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of formal education on a case-by-case basis.
• 1-3 years of direct network administration experience
• Must have experience with installing, configuring, testing, implementing and maintaining a wireless network.
• Must understand best practices when installing and configuring wireless security.
• Must have experience with wireless controllers, access points, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking.
Know someone that would be a good fit for this role? GDIT is offering $10,000 external referral bonuses for referrals hired by December 31, 2020. You do not need to be a GDIT employee to be eligible. Email your referral’s resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.