Cloud Business Models
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As Cloud Economist, you will lead the cloud financial solution for a program that is operating and maintaining cloud infrastructure and platforms for a federal government customer. The scope of the program includes cloud modernization strategy, managed services, process development for cloud service provisioning, user story capture and refinement, and enhancing cloud capabilities to solve mission problems.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
● Education: FinOps Certified at the Practitioner or Professional level is required.
● Required Experience: 10+ years of experience with IT systems and 5+ years of experience with cloud systems. 3+ years of cloud financial/economics experience.
● Required Skills: Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working with stakeholders and development teams. Strong communication skills, oral and written, to convey cloud technologies and solutions to customer personnel.
● Preferred Skills: Knowledge of specific FinOps tools such as Apptio, CloudCkr and cloud native cost optimization tools
● Location: Remote, with up to 25% travel to Washington, DC.
● Timeline: This posting is contingent on contract award and/or funding, and is anticipated to start in September of 2023.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home*
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
The likely salary range for this position is $142,400 - $213,600, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.