Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Systems Engineer Senior
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Systems Engineer Senior at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Engineer Senior joining our team to US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM).
HOW A SYSTEMS ENGINEER SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
● Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
● Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
● Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
● Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
● Develop system architecture and system design documentation
● Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
● Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
● Be responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
● Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
● Coordinate and manage engineering projects
● Act as lead in defining and executing systems engineering activities within a project. Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
● Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: High School Diploma/GED with 10-years of experience, or Associate’s Degree with 8-years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6-years of experience, or Master’s degree with 4-years of experience
DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
Desired Computing Environment certification: MCSA 2016/2019/Azure, Linux+, VCP-DCV 2020-2022, etc.
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
● Preferred Skills:
Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects
Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
● Location: On Customer Site
● US Citizenship: Required
Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
●GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
401K with company match
Comprehensive health and wellness packages
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA A+ - CompTIA - CompTIA
MCSA: Windows Server 2016 - Microsoft
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.