Created after 9-11-2001, the Department of Homeland Security consolidated numerous agencies' data centers for central management. General Dynamics Information Technology plays a key role in the Department's IT integration strategy through its Data Center-1 program. GDIT's DC-1 program is committed to delivering an efficient, responsive, and mature data center operation through excellence in service delivery, performance, and continual service improvement.
GDIT is seeking a seasoned Systems Engineer capable of integrating into an experienced team responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of company's global Workplace As A Service solution.
• Support end-users of a remote desktop environment
• Lead security related patching and remediation in the production and UAT environments, working with the ISSO
• Take a lead role in the administration of a virtual Windows environment
• Take ownership of training and development of Tier 1 support.
• BS/BA ( or equivalent) and 8+ years of experience
• Practical Knowledge in:
o ITIL oriented customer service
o Windows OS operational concepts
o Workplace As A Service operational concepts
o Windows operating systems
o Windows OS best security practices
o General Application knowledge.
• Experience with the following is required:
o Windows OS administration
o Citrix Applications (Director, StoreFront, etc)
o OS level security
o Active Directory
o Citrix Workspace servers and application technology infrastructure, management, and troubleshooting
o Technical writing (End user documentation, work instructions, SOPs, etc)
o Network and OS level security
• The ideal candidate will have familiarization with:
o Application Virtualization
o Netscaler Adminstration
• Ability to support a broad customer base through communication that include phone and email
• Ability to work well within an established team of professionals in a demanding environment
• Ability to act as an escalation point for remote support personnel
• Must be able to operate efficiently with minimal supervision
• Ability to mentor and assist less experienced members of the remote support team (assist in training)
• Assist in performing root cause analyses for service interruptions, when necessary
• Must be able to communicate via phone and email in a professional and effective manner
• Work with team members to expand their skillset and become a more valuable member of the team
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.