AEGIS Combat Systems
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Training Specialist Advisor – AEGIS Tactical Action Officer (TAO) Trainer
Transform technology into opportunity as a Training Specialist Advisor with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Training Specialist Advisor you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Training Specialist Advisors joining our team to deliver complex technical and tactical training to sailors enrolled in courses taught at Surface Combat Systems Training Command-Hampton Roads (SCSTC-HR) Norfolk, Virginia.
HOW A TRAINING SPECIALIST ADVISOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel
● Utilizes exceptional customer skills to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support technical and tactical laboratory training
● Work as a team leader to identify learning gaps and train AEGIS officers/enlisted in the technical & tactical employment of the AEGIS Combat System and associated weapons systems, system capabilities and limitations, employment of automated systems, mission planning and execution, and tactical communications
● Work as a team leader to complete customer deadlines which may have competing/shifting priorities
● Provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for SCSTC-HR courses supporting the employment of the AEGIS Combat System
● Conduct dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance, operational procedures, and ship’s Battle Orders and thereafter provide formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Required Experience: Eight (8) years of experience as an Aegis Combat System operator or technical manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment. Experience as a qualified Aegis Tactical Action Officer (TAO) is required. Of the eight (8) years, two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems including two (2) years relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives is required. Experience with Aegis Baseline 9 and/or a Master/Afloat Training Specialist a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
● Required Technical Skills: Experience as a qualified AEGIS Combat System technician or operator is required.
● Security Clearance Level: SECRET
● Required Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication skills and experience as a Navy instructor (NEC 805A/9502)
● Preferred Skills: Master Training/Afloat Training Specialist
● Location: Customer Site; SCSTC-HR, Norfolk, VA
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Instructor - Military Training Network
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.