GDIT is preparing to hire for all levels of Security Control Assessors in various locations. Specific position requirements and locations will be determined in the future. If interested in this position please apply; if qualified a recruiter will contact you with additional information.
The SCA is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an IS to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (i.e., the extent to which the controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements for the system). SCAs also provide an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the IS and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities. Responsibilities will cover Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities within the customer’s area of responsibility. Locations may vary; multiple CONUS and OCONUS locations may be available.
Performance shall include:
· Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of IS security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructure
· Perform assessment of ISs, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF) or the JAFAN 6/3 process
· Advise the Government on any assessment and authorization issues
· Advise the Government on assessment methodologies and processes
· Evaluate Authorization packages and make recommendation to the AO and/or DAO for authorization
· Evaluate IS threats and vulnerabilities to determine whether additional safeguards are required
· Advise the Government concerning the impact levels for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for the information on a system
· Review and approve the IS Security Assessment Plan, which is comprised of the SSP, the SCTM, and the Security Control Assessment Procedures
· Ensure security assessments are completed for each IS
· At the conclusion of each security assessment activity, prepare the final Security Assessment Report (SAR) containing the results and findings from the assessment
· Initiate a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) with identified weaknesses and suspense dates for each IS based on findings and recommendations from the SAR
· Evaluate security assessment documentation and provide written recommendations for security authorization to the Government
· Develop recommendation for authorization and submit the security authorization package to the Government
· Assess proposed changes to ISs, their environment of operation, and mission needs that could affect system authorization
· Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, purging, declassifying, and releasing IS memory, media, and output
· Assist Government in compliance inspections
· Assist the Government with security incidents that relate to cybersecurity and ensure that the proper and corrective measures have been taken
· Assess changes within the IS boundary that could affect the authorization of the boundary
· Ensure that IS requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle
· 7 - 12 years related experience
· Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in SAP and Collateral Information Systems (IS) Security and the implementation of regulations identified in the description of duties.
Level I-SAP Experience desired Level II-SAP Experience required Level III-2+ years of SAP Experience required
· Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience (4 years)
· Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 or Information Assurance Manager Level 3 within 6 months of the date of hire
· Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
· Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
· Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
· Must be familiar with current security policy/manuals
· Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
· Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.