Opportunity for an experienced Senior System Architect to join an IT Operations Project for a federal government system. The candidate will provide engineering and architectural oversight and support to IT Operations in an agile environment. Candidate will be responsible for design and operations of an IT infrastructure comprising of large virtualization environment (hardware and software).
Roles and Responsibilities
· Design, build and integrate various components such as storage, switches and
compute in a large-scale enterprise datacenter in support of information technology
(IT) operations projects.
· Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between PM and technical
staff in all aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications
for each stage.
· Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps system framework.
· Support in a lead role on engineering and operations projects involving SAN Storages,
Virtualization and Cloud Operations
· Responsible for operational availability of all the systems hosted on the infrastructure
· Support in a lead role for planning and building infrastructure supporting COOP &
· Support information assurance process in a technical role by complying with technical
· Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Required Education and Experience
· 10 years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware
a nd software to support large scale Windows/Unix/Linux environments
· CISCO CCNP certified with professional-level skills focused on the data center
solutions, technologies and best practices to design, implement, and manage a
· Experience performing a variety of engineering and operational related assignments
associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software
(VMware’s vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V0 on a set of enterprise-level IT systems.
· 10 years’ experience writing scripts with a scripting language
· Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
· Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud
Desired Education and Experience
Same as Required
Candidate must be an US citizen able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.